About the Excellence in Management Award
The award honors exemplary managers and supervisors who have led their teams and team members to meaningful accomplishments this past year.
2022 Excellence in Management Award Theme: Building and Maintaining Community
This theme highlights leaders who demonstrate and encourage flexibility, adaptiveness, supportiveness, compassion, understanding, work-life balance, and well-being.
Please nominate your managers/supervisors who exemplify the theme and provide detailed examples based on our Principles of Community. Below are some examples of the characteristics that exemplify "Building and Maintaining Community." You may choose to use one or more of the examples below or provide your own specific examples that encompass the theme:
- Maintain/develop a flexible work environment: manager/supervisor leads with flexibility and adaptivity while supporting their staff/team during the transition back to campus and focusing on each member's diverse needs to ensure a sense of community within the team/unit/organization/campus.
- Active and intentional engagement around diversity, equity, inclusion, belonging, and justice: manager/supervisor is always respectful of cultural distinctions, welcomes differing viewpoints, looks to strengthen team dynamics, and nurtures an environment of inclusivity.
- Work-life balance: manager/supervisor creates a positive environment and empowers their team for success. Encourages work-life balance of team members, supports well-being, is empathetic, and supportive of team members.
2022 Award Nominations Information
|January 4, 2022||Theme, Nominee Criteria, and Nomination Form announced|
|February 22, 2022||Nomination deadline|
|Late March 2022||Award Recipients Notified|
|May 3, 2022, 2-4 pm||Award Ceremony|
Nominee Eligibility Criteria
The nominee must be:
- In a non‐academic payroll title
- A career employee
- A manager or supervisor for at least 1 year in their current positions (including interim roles)
Nominations must originate from staff directly supervised by the nominee, and include supporting signatures from at least one-half of these staff. If there are specific questions regarding a nominee's payroll title, please email email@example.com.
Nomination Deadline is Tuesday, February, 22, 2022
2021-22 Excellence in Management Committee
Sarah Gaugler, Engineering Research Support Organization (ERSO)
Sanchita Pal, Engineering Research Support Organization (ERSO)
Claire-Marie Kooi, Engineering Student Services
Nicole Lowy, Nutritional Sciences and Toxicology
Margie Winn, Earth and Planetary Science
To volunteer for this committee, or find out more about the Excellence in Management Award, please contact the Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org