Join the BSA Governing Council
Nominations and voting for the 2021-2024 term of the Governing Council (BSA-GC) have closed. The Berkeley Staff Assembly (BSA), which represents all UC Berkeley non-academic staff, appreciates your participation.
The three-year appointment runs from July 1, 2021, through June 30, 2024. New member orientation will occur in late June 2021.
Elections process and timeline to nominate a non-academic UC Berkeley Staff member for the GC:
- May 21, 5pm: Deadline for submitting nominations
- May 24-25: Election Committee contacts nominees
- June 4, 1 pm: Candidate statements due (150 words or less)
- June 7 - June 16, 5pm: Elections open
- June 16, 5pm: Elections close
- June 17, by 5pm: Results announced
About BSA Governing Council Elections
Are you interested in working collaboratively for the benefit of all staff on campus? Do you have the time and interest to...
- facilitate and promote BSA programs?
- engage in discussions on important topics?
- create community while championing staff interests?
If so, join GC and make an impact for all staff! Elections are held annually, and all General Council members serve a 3-year term. Make sure you have subscribed to the BSA Newsletter and joined the BSA mailing list to get timely updates regarding elections. Additionally, visit our page on rules and information regarding the election proccess.
Serving on the GC is a fun, engaging, and great way to develop leadership and interpersonal skills. GC members have the opportunity to network with staff from all over campus, including high-level administrators.
Roles and Responsibilities
As a GC member, you will serve on at least one of the following BSA committees, with the opportunity to gain leadership experience as a committee chair:
- New Professionals Network - build community amongst new employees
- Career Development Committee - facilitate our mentorship program
- Program and Events - host Staff Perspectives sessions and special events
- Communications - maintain the BSA website, social media channels, newsletter, help staff stay informed
- Excellence in Management Committee - facilitate the annual Awards program
GC members are also eligible to serve on the Council of UC Staff Assemblies (CUCSA). CUCSA meets quarterly at alternating campuses, co-sponsors the Staff Engagement Survey, informs UC Leaders on issues of importance to staff, and shares best practices across the UC system.
GC meetings are held twice a month on Thursdays, 12:10-1 p.m. Regular attendance is required at GC meetings, and a remote dial-in option is provided.
If you have any questions about BSA or the GC, please contact email@example.com or any GC member listed on this website.