New Governing Council and Executive Committee members elected
BSA Governing Council members for the 2020-2023 term and Executive Committee members for 2020-2021 have been elected. See the Council Members page for details.
About BSA Governing Council Elections
Are you interested in working collaboratively for the benefit of all staff on campus? Do you have the time and interest to...
- facilitate and promote BSA programs?
- engage in discussions on important topics?
- create community while championing staff interests?
If so, join GC and make an impact for all staff! Elections are held annually, and all General Council members serve a 3-year term. Make sure you have subscribed to the BSA Newsletter and joined the BSA mailing list to get timely updates regarding elections. Additionally, visit our page on rules and information regarding the election proccess.
Serving on the GC is a fun, engaging, and great way to develop leadership and interpersonal skills. GC members have the opportunity to network with staff from all over campus, including high-level administrators.
Roles and Responsibilities
As a GC member, you will serve on at least one of the following BSA committees, with the opportunity to gain leadership experience as a committee chair:
- New Professionals Network - build community amongst new employees
- Career Development Committee - facilitate our mentorship program
- Program and Events - host Staff Perspectives sessions and special events
- Communications - maintain the BSA website, social media channels, newsletter, help staff stay informed
- Excellence in Management Committee - facilitate the annual Awards program
GC members are also eligible to serve on the Council of UC Staff Assemblies (CUCSA). CUCSA meets quarterly at alternating campuses, co-sponsors the Staff Engagement Survey, informs UC Leaders on issues of importance to staff, and shares best practices across the UC system.
GC meetings are held twice a month on Thursdays, 12:10-1 p.m. Regular attendance is required at GC meetings, and a remote dial-in option is provided.
If you have any questions about BSA or the GC, please contact email@example.com or any GC member listed on this website.