Are you interested in working collaboratively for the benefit of all staff on campus? Do you have the time and interest to...
- facilitate and promote BSA programs?
- engage in discussions on important topics?
- create community while championing staff interests?
If so, join GC and make an impact for all staff! Elections are held annually, and all General Council members serve a 3-year term. Make sure you have joined the BSA mailing list to get timely updates regarding elections (as well as all of our programs).
Serving on the GC is a fun, engaging, and great way to develop leadership and interpersonal skills. GC members have the opportunity to network with staff from all over campus, including high-level administrators.
Roles and Responsibilities
As a GC member, you will serve on at least one of the following BSA committees, with the opportunity to gain leadership experience as a committee chair:
- New Professionals Network - build community amongst new employees
- Career Development Committee - facilitate our mentorship program
- Program and Events - host Staff Perspectives sessions and special events
- Communications - maintain the BSA website, social media channels, newsletter, help staff stay informed
- Excellence in Management Committee - facilitate the annual Awards program
GC members are also eligible to serve on the Council of UC Staff Assemblies (CUCSA). CUCSA meets quarterly at alternating campuses, co-sponsors the Staff Engagement Survey, informs UC Leaders on issues of importance to staff, and shares best practices across the UC system.
GC meetings are held twice a month on Thursdays, 12:10-1 p.m. Regular attendance is required at GC meetings, and a remote dial-in option is provided.
If you have any questions about BSA or the GC, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or any GC member listed on this website.