2019-2022 Governing Council Elections
The Berkeley Staff Assembly (BSA) is accepting nominations of staff to join the 2019-2022 term of the Governing Council (GC). The GC is the governing body of BSA.
Tell me more!
Are you interested in working collaboratively for the benefit of all staff on campus? Do you have the time and interest to...
- facilitate and promote BSA programs?
- engage in discussions on important topics?
- create community while championing staff interests?
If so, join GC and make an impact for all staff!
This three-year appointment runs from July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2022. New member orientation will be June 24, 8am-1pm.
There are currently up to 8 spots available on the GC. All UC Berkeley staff members are invited and encouraged to nominate candidates. You may nominate any current non-academic Berkeley staff- including yourself!
Serving on the GC is a fun, engaging, and great way to develop leadership and interpersonal skills. GC members have the opportunity to network with staff from all over campus, including high-level administrators.
Roles and Responsibilities
As a GC member, you will serve on at least one of the following BSA committees, with the opportunity to gain leadership experience as a committee chair:
- New Professionals Network - build community amongst new employees
- Career Development Committee - facilitate our mentorship program
- Program and Events - host Staff Perspectives sessions and special events
- Communications - maintain the BSA website and social media channels, helping staff stay informed
- Excellence in Management Committee - facilitate the annual Awards program
GC members are also eligible to serve on CUCSA - which is the Council of UC Staff Assemblies. CUCSA meets quarterly at alternating campuses, co-sponsors the Staff Engagement Survey, informs UC Leaders on issues of importance to staff, and shares best practices across the UC system.
GC meetings are held twice a month on Thursdays, 12-1 p.m. Regular attendance is required at GC meetings, and a remote dial-in option is provided. All newly elected GC members need to attend an in-person new member orientation on Monday, June 24, 8am-1pm.
Elections Process and Timeline
To nominate a non-academic UC Berkeley Staff member for the GC, fill out the BSA GC nomination form before 5pm on Sunday, May 26: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScCrUckS2XJj5rkcoePanty2DAe6LfoKgDltYlMKXNH3mj3Uw/viewform
- May 26, 5pm: Deadline for submitting nominations
- May 27-28: Election Committee contacts nominees
- June 4, 12pm: Candidate statements due (150 words or less)
- June 6 - June 13, 5pm: Elections open
- June 14: Results announced
- June 24, 8am-1pm: new GC member orientation
If you have any questions about BSA or the GC, please contact email@example.com or any GC member listed on this website.