Are you interested in working collaboratively for the benefit of all staff on campus? Do you have the time and interest to...
- facilitate and promote BSA programs?
- engage in discussions on important topics?
- create community while championing staff interests?
If so, join the Governing Council (GC) and make an impact for all staff! Now through May 20 at 5:00 pm, BSA will be accepting nominations to fill 13 open positions on the GC. All UC Berkeley staff members are invited and encouraged to nominate candidates. You may nominate any current non-academic Berkeley staff member by completing the BSA GC Nomination Form 2020-2023. Elections are held annually, and all General Council members serve a 3-year term.
Staff members will be able to vote for nominated candidates beginning on June 5 through June 12, 11:59 p.m. Election results will be announced by close of business Monday, June 15th. Make sure you have subscribed to the BSA Newsletter and joined the BSA mailing list to get timely updates regarding elections (as well as all of our programs).
Roles and Responsibilities
As a GC member, you will serve on at least one of the following BSA committees, with the opportunity to gain leadership experience as a committee chair:
- New Professionals Network - build community amongst new employees
- Career Development Committee - facilitate our mentorship program
- Program and Events - host Staff Perspectives sessions and special events
- Communications - maintain the BSA website, social media channels, newsletter, help staff stay informed
- Excellence in Management Committee - facilitate the annual Awards program
GC members are also eligible to serve on the Council of UC Staff Assemblies (CUCSA). CUCSA meets quarterly at alternating campuses, co-sponsors the Staff Engagement Survey, informs UC Leaders on issues of importance to staff, and shares best practices across the UC system.
GC meetings are held twice a month on Thursdays, 12:10-1 p.m. Regular attendance is required at GC meetings, and a remote dial-in option is provided.
Serving on the GC is a fun, engaging, and great way to develop leadership and interpersonal skills. GC members have the opportunity to network with staff from all over campus, including high-level administrators.
If you have any questions about BSA or the GC, please contact email@example.com or any GC member listed on this website.