Join the Cool Campus Challenge
Dear Campus Community,
Want to take action to tackle climate disruption, have some fun, and crown Berkeley as the Coolest UC?
From April 1-26 all ten UC campuses are going head-to-head in the Cool Campus Challenge. The goal is for all faculty, staff and students to reduce their carbon footprints and help the University of California become carbon neutral by 2025. Earn carbon saving points for you, your team, and your campus by pledging and taking simple actions like turning off lights and taking public transit. The campus whose participants earn the most points at the close of the challenge on April 26th will be named the “Coolest UC Campus.”
Here’s what you can do to be an important part of the #CoolCampusChallenge and bring a win home for your campus and for the planet:
- Sign up now: http://www.coolcampuschallenge.org and start pledging your carbon reducing actions
- Once signed up, keep coming back to make more pledges and check the scoreboard
- Invite your friends, colleagues, and networks to do the same
- Join or form a team, to build community and make the experience more engaging
- Share efforts on social media using #CoolCampusChallenge to be featured online
- Check out Berkeley's CCC Facebook
- Top campuses, teams and participants are eligible to win awards and recognition
Sign up, keep taking action during the month of April, and reduce our carbon footprint.
Vice Chancellor, Administration
Director of Sustainability
Dante Gonzales and Sage Lenier
Carbon Neutrality Student Fellows
If you are a manager who supervises UC Berkeley employees without email access, please circulate this information to all.