The Berkeley Staff Assembly creates community, champions staff interests, and provides opportunities for networking and development. We are a non-dues organization made up of all UCB staff employees.
Members of BSA receive email announcements of BSA and other campus events. BSA members also may nominate candidates and vote in the annual election of new members to the BSA Governing Council. Email email@example.com with your questions, ideas, to send announcements, and if you're not sure who in BSA you should talk to.
The Governing Council decides on the programs we offer in support of our mission.
- To inform colleagues about campus matters vital to their interests
- To foster effective communication links between campus employees and the Administration
- To participate in decision-making when invited by the Central Administration, in a manner that assures that staff concerns and perspectives are included
- To foster professional contacts and friendship among staff employees
- To encourage participation of all staff in BSA and in campus life in general
- To recognize and promote the contribution of staff to the University
Membership Meetings & Gatherings
- Governing Council Meetings - These meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Thursday from 12:10-1:00pm in room 248 Giannini Hall. BSA members (all UCB staff) are welcome at Governing Council meetings. Join the BSA Announcements mailing list to receive schedule and agenda information for these meetings.
- Annual General Membership Meeting
Other BSA Activities
- Sponsors regular programs with speakers on a variety of topics of interest to campus staff
- Provides many networking opportunities for staff – both professionally and socially
- Sponsors the successful Mentorship Program, matching experienced UC Berkeley staff from all campus units with staff who are seeking to develop themselves professionally.
- Hosts an annual membership meeting with the Chancellor as featured speaker
- Administers the Excellence in Management Awards, an annual program established by BSA to give staff the opportunity to recognize excellent managers
- Sends two delegates from the Berkeley campus to the statewide Council of University of California Staff Assemblies (CUCSA) which provides the staff perspective to UC administration and the Regents on policies affecting the entire University system
- Informs staff on Career Development matters and resources in the changing campus environment